Job Title: Operations Assistant
Reports to: Senior Director of Finance, Data, and Administration
Position Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Click here to download this job description in PDF format
Footsteps seeks an organized, skilled, and savvy Operations Assistant to ensure strong internal systems. You will work closely with the Senior Director of Finance, Data, and Administration and the Executive Team to build and improve organizational processes and procedures for the efficient functioning of the entire organization. The Footsteps office is currently closed due to COVID-19, and the entire office is working remotely until early to mid-2021. Your key deliverables in the first year will be to support the transition back to our physical office space, support the Senior Director of Finance, Data, and Administration in optimizing Salesforce, and help ensure the operations department is running smoothly.
- Support Senior Director of Finance, Data, and Administration on contract review; ensure all paperwork is up to date
- Prepare and maintain financial records, including W-9s, expense reports, and invoices for payment; ensure staff, consultants, and vendors are submitting paperwork on time
- Support development team in compiling financial reports for institutional supporters
- Work with program team to facilitate timely distribution of funds to members (e.g. academic scholarships)
- Deposit checks and manage petty cash
- Support program team in creating and managing registration and payment systems for program events
Information Technology and Data Management (30%):
- Maintain phone system and basic IT functionality for staff
- Work with Senior Director of Finance, Data, and Administration to provide basic training to staff; troubleshoot IT issues; coordinate with support desks, when needed
- Liaise with IT vendor to onboard/offboard staff, schedule installation, etc.
- Generate reports on program data quarterly, annually, and as needed
- Work with Senior Director of Finance, Data, and Administration to ensure security across the organization and manage login credentials
- Support Senior Director of Finance, Data, and Administration to optimize Salesforce
Office Management (25%)
- Work with Senior Director of Finance, Data, and Administration to manage organization’s physical and virtual workspace
- Maintain organizational records (paper and digital)
- Maintain office equipment, supplies, and food for programs, including corporate accounts and service subscriptions
- Schedule regular staff meetings and retreats; maintain internal organizational calendar
- Organize office common areas, manage and optimize storage, and ensure office space is well-maintained and tidy
Human Resources (15%):
- Support HR activities of Senior Director of Finance, Data, and Administration
- Maintain confidential personnel records
- Process and file contracts, employment letters, wage forms, etc.
- Commitment to and passion for Footsteps’ mission
- 2+ years of relevant or transferable experience
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and use appropriate discretion
- Strong penchant for systems and efficiency
- Experience with at least one database (such as Salesforce) a plus
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Strong proficiency and comfort with technology (Microsoft Office, Google Suite required)
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, delegate, and manage multiple priorities at once
- Strong record-keeping, time-management, and planning skills
- Dedication to working inclusively and collaboratively
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends to staff member and donor events
- Able to work successfully with people at all levels of an organization (staff, board, donors, consultants, volunteers, and members)
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, growing organization
Location: New York City (virtual during COVID-19 until further notice)
Start Date: November 2020
Salary: $42,000 – $48,000 commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your name and “Operations Assistant” in the subject line. We encourage you to apply soon; we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Team + Benefits: You will join an amazing team of passionate, mission-driven colleagues. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: flexible work schedule; possibility of working remotely one day a week; paid holidays and paid vacation, personal, and sick days; paid parental leave in first year; health, dental, and vision insurance; 3% match for IRA retirement plan; flexible spending accounts for health care, dependent care, and transit.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Footsteps. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Footsteps is an equal opportunity employer. Immigrants, people of color, formerly ultra-Orthodox individuals, LGBTQIA people, people with disabilities, and people who come from poor and working-class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Footsteps does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.